VERTICAL BLINDS FACTORY CHICAGO. FLOOR LAMP GLASS SHADE.
Vertical Blinds Factory Chicago
- Strips of fabric [louvres] suspended vertically from a headrail. Immensely practical blind which comes into it's own on larger sizes
- UpWindow treatment featuring vertical vanes that can be swiveled open and closed or opened in either a split or one-way stack.
- A window blind is a type of window covering which is made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap. A roller blind does not have slats but comprises a single piece of material.
- A building or group of buildings where goods are manufactured or assembled chiefly by machine
- A factory (previously manufactory) or manufacturing plant is an industrial building where laborers manufacture goods or supervise machines processing one product into another.
- A person, group, or institution that produces a great quantity of something on a regular basis or in a short space of time
- a plant consisting of one or more buildings with facilities for manufacturing
- Lyoko ( ) is a fictional virtual world in the French animated television series Code Lyoko.
- An establishment for traders carrying on business in a foreign country
- Michigan: a gambling card game in which chips are placed on the ace and king and queen and jack of separate suits (taken from a separate deck); a player plays the lowest card of a suit in his hand and successively higher cards are played until the sequence stops; the player who plays a card
- A city in northeastern Illinois, on Lake Michigan; pop. 2,896,016. Chicago developed during the 19th century as a major grain market and food-processing center
- Chicago ( or ) is the largest city in both Illinois and the Midwest, and the third most populous city in the United States, with over 2.8 million residents. Its metropolitan area, commonly named "Chicagoland," is the 26th most populous in the world, home to an estimated 9.
- largest city in Illinois; a bustling Great Lakes port that extends 26 miles along the southwestern shoreline of Lake Michigan
1:100 "Macross Factory" with VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (close-up)
New views into my "Robotech Factory" kit, which sees its 2nd life with lots of modifications (as replacements and enhancements for poor or damaged original parts).
This original IMAI kit without vinyl caps was part of the surrounding factory
, which was marketed by Revell (here in Europe) in a double pack together with a Tomahawk battroid in the early 1980ies - today a sought-after collectible.
The Valkyrie kit is one of the 1st generation: no vinyl caps, so everything is "rattling", and the kit in the picture has already been built for the second time, resurrected from the scarpyard.
To fit into the hangar surroundings, I did some heavy weathering and denting to the kit, and posing it in this "beaten" posture just adds to the atmosphere that more has to be done about it than just changing oil...
As an addition to the older paper print scans, the hangar is now populated with 1:100 figures. Most of them were contained in the original kit, plus some Preiser technicians in 1:100 scale. Funny thing is that the original figures are much smaller than the Caucasian Preiser figures... well, that's the clash of cultures, I guess?
The truck is also a 1:100 model, from a company called Roskopf (long, long gone - the truck is maybe 20 years old!) which spezialized in military vehicles in this unusual scale. The crane is scratch-built, though, made up from an X-Wing Fighter's landing gear and spare parts from Dorvack PAs.
The whole factory
sits in a wooden transport box with neon lighting from above - this is the actual light in the picture, no extra light was used, and it matches the cold hangar atmosphere well?
Beet root sugar refining factory, Vierverlaten, Netherlands
This beet root sugar refining factory in Vierverlaten is now 112 years old and still going strong. Another refinery near the city of Groningen was closed this year. When operational at the end of each year, the plumes of steam can be seen from miles around. With a westerly wind, the sweet (and to some nauseating) smell of the factory permeates the city in the background.
More pics in my photostream.
Similar posts: shutter shades mirror grandwood blinds parts measure roller blinds ez snap solar blinds solar blinds victorian drapes shrubs for dry shade customized blinds primitive shutters
- (火) 08:03:01|
- Category: None
Comment is pending administrator's approval.
- 2017/08/15(火) 02:26:27 |
- [ Edit ]